How to Do Space Clearing?
I find space clearing a very important thing to do. It removes negative energies. And with the space vacated by negative energies, we have the opportunity to fill it with good and positive energies.
In the main article, I elaborated in detail about space clearing. I wrote about what it is all about, why you need it, who needs it, what are the benefits, what tools to use, where you can do space clearing, when you should do space clearing, and more. Today, in this article, I will give you more information on How To Do Space Clearing?
I will share with you what are the items to prepare for space clearing, how to prepare the items for space clearing, what to say when you do the space clearing, and a step by step guide on how to do the space clearing.
What Items to Prepare for Space Clearing?
When I do space clearing, sometimes I use the Tibetan Bell. Sometimes I use a Singing Bowl. Most of the time I use the Sacred White Sage Incense Stick. There are, of course, many other tools to choose from, and to use. There are crystals, drums, essential oils, hand clapping, resins, and even salt.
Why Do I Use The Sacred White Sage Incense Stick?
But as you can see, my favorite space clearing tool is the White Sage Incense. I find it effective. It smells good. And after a session of space clearing using this tool, I can really feel a difference. The room, house or office feels lighter. Like a weight has been lifted.
Here is how the White Sage Incense stick look like. See image below. If you are looking for a good White Sage Incense Stick, I highly recommend the one below. Click on the image to get it.
When I do smudging with a Sacred White Sage Smudge Stick, I would also use an abalone shell, and a feather. The abalone shell represents the water element. The feather represents the air element (when you use it, you will see how in the steps below), the White Sage Incense Stick represents the earth element. And of course, when you light up the incense, it represents the fire element.
With all these items representing the various elements, you are inviting the help of the elements to assist you with the space clearing.
What is Smudging?
Smudging is the action you do when you burn the incense stick, and perform the space clearing. Smudging has been practiced by Indigenous people around the world. For example, my shaman teacher was from a Maori tribe in New Zealand.
What to Say When Doing Space Clearing?
During space clearing, it is ideal to say a prayer or chant to facilitate the process. One choice would be to keep it simple. And just say, “May the bad energies go away. And let the good energies come and stay.” My mother used to say, “Bad energies go. Good energies come.” So simple, right?
Of course, a prayer or chant can be more powerful. Some of you may feel comfortable saying a prayer of your belief system. If you know a good one that helps with space clearing, then by all means use it.
For me, I use a chant that I learned from my spirit guide. And I also use Photon Reiki to bring good energies and bless the space after all the bad energies are removed.
Here is a simplified version of the chant or prayer that I use. Feel free to use it to help you with space clearing.
As I go around the home or office smudging the space, I say:
“May the sacred smoke from the Sacred White Sage remove all negative energies, all unwanted energies, and all unwelcome energies, as well as the links connected to them, on all levels of consciousness, across all time, space and dimensions.”
What Are The Space Clearing Steps?
Using Sacred White Sage
- Stand at the center of your home or office, or the space you are cleansing. Have your space clearing tools with you here.
- If you have ashes from incense that you have burned in the past, you can use this as a base and place it in the abalone shell. If not, it is ok. Just place the White Sage Incense Stick on the abalone shell.
- Burn the tip of the incense stick. You can use a lighter to do this. Let the incense burn and start to create smoke.
- Place the incense stick on the abalone shell. And hold it with one hand. Hold the feather with your other hand.
- Use the feather to gently fan the burning smudge stick so that more smoke arises.
- Say a prayer to invite the Divine Being whom you believe in. Thank the Divine Being, and ask for assistance with the space clearing. Some of you may like to invite Angels, Spirit Guides or any Divine Being you believe in.
- Walk to the east area of the space.
- When at the east area, you can use the feather to gently fan the burning incense stick to create more smoke.
- As the smoke fills the east area, you can say your prayer, chant or you can say the prayer I shared above. I will repeat them here.
- “May the sacred smoke from the Sacred White Sage remove all negative energies, all unwanted energies, and all unwelcome energies, as well as the links connected to them, on all levels of consciousness, across all time, space and dimensions.”
- Next you walk around the space in a clockwise direction. This means you walk from the east area to the south area.
- At the south area, you repeat steps 8, 9, and 10.
- Next, walk to the west area, and repeat steps 8, 9, and 10 again.
- After that, go to the north area, and do the steps 8, 9, and 10 once more.
- Finally, return to the east area, and then back to the center of the entire space.
At this point, I usually invite Photon Reiki energies to fill the spaces that have been vacated. If you like to learn Photon Reiki, please join my mailing list to look out for articles about this when I publish them soon.
Alternatively, you can bless and fill the vacated spaces with Divine energies from you belief system. For example, if you are Buddhist, you may like to say the chant, “Om Mani Padme Hom”.
- At the center, thank the Divine Being whom you asked for assistance in step 6. If you invited Angels, Spirit Guides or any Divine Beings, please thank them for their assistance too. Then bid them farewell.
- Also, thank any Divine energies that you asked to help with the space clearing. For example, I bring in Photon Reiki energies. I thank the energies at this point of the space clearing.
- End of space clearing.
Using Tibetan Bell or Singing Bowl for Space Clearing
Do the same steps as above. Except instead of smudging, you strike the Tibetan Bell or Singing Bowl with a wooden stick. For example, when you reach the east area, you strike the Tibetan Bell or Singing Bowl with a wooden stick. Hit it so that it rings loudly. Let the sound fill the area.
Using Hands Clapping for Space Clearing
Also do the same steps above, except instead of smudging, you clap your hands loudly three times. For example, when you reach the east area, clap your hands three times loudly.
All Other Space Clearing Tools
As you can see, you can use the same steps above with all types of space clearing tools. You simply replace smudging with your choice of space clearing tool.
While there are many choices, I still highly recommend smudging with the Sacred White Sage Incense Stick. My years of experience using this incense have found this space clearing tool to be the most effective. Also, many indigenous tribes and shamans choose this for space clearing.
We come to the end of this article about How to Do Space Clearing? If you have any questions regarding anything mentioned here in this article, ANY at all, please feel free to ask by adding a comment in the comment box below. I will be more than happy to help.
Wishing you an awesome life filled with abundance, love and light.